Finished Quilting Projects

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Blocks and more Blocks

So this month has pushed me in the direction of doing multiple blocks for multiple projects. I'm working on these blocks.


There are so many pieces so definitely have to label all the fabrics to keep them straight. And to add to my insanity, I decided to modify the pattern to only create those blocks.


I've completed 5 of these blocks.

So far I'm quite happy with how these are turning out. 

Next up, I had to make a block for a quilt that my Fundy guild is making. Here is the block that I was assigned to make.

Cute little chick block. I'm not too excited about the hand stitching. I would have much rather machine stitched those legs.

I also cut up strips for a fabric strip swap happening within my Fundy Guild. Every month you cut up strips for the members involved in the club. Each month is a different colour. Red is the colour for February so here are my 2-1/2" strips.

At the end of the year, each member will have close to 4 rainbow jelly rolls :)

I'm still continuing with my fabric fast! I've almost put a fabric order in more than a couple of times. I debated and had a great person talk me out of it ;)

It does feel good to be using fabrics from my stash! 

So how has the first month of 2017 been for you? Did you get much sewing time in?

1 comment:

  1. I participated in a strip swap in my previous guild. I'm still working through using all the strips.

    ReplyDelete