Finished Quilting Projects

Sunday 12 March 2017

Triangle Baby Quilt Finished

Well I finished sewing on the binding last night on this lovely triangle quilt. 



I am really loving the colours. I'm not a big fan of orange but this small pop of it focuses your eye to it and adds a special aspect to the quilt. 


I did some straight line quilting with my walking foot about a 1/4" from each seam. I'm quite happy with the result. 


I used some monkey flannel that I had in my stash for the backing. And added one of my quilt labels.

The best part of making this quilt was learning how to sew triangles together. I avoided them forever because I thought it was going to be difficult to sew them together. Boy, was I wrong! All the fabrics came from my stash including the batting and thread. 

Well I'm off to get this lovely packed up and mailed to a special baby boy :)


3 comments:

  1. Excellent job, Julia! I love it! The pop of orange is perfect! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this quilt! You have inspired me to get cracking on a triangle quilt. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love blue and orange together. You used enough orange to give it some pop. Yeah for a finish.

    ReplyDelete