Finished Quilting Projects

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Productive Sewing Vacation

I went to visit my family in Cape Breton over the weekend. I had taken Friday and Monday off so I had two full days down there. I spent some time with the family and we sewed some too. Before I left for Cape Breton, I managed to finish the appliqué on the Chirp quilt. Here is the before picture.


And here is the After picture :)


I find the appliqué makes such a difference. It was quite a bit of extra work but definitely worthwhile! So this one just needs to be put together and quilted. Hopefully I'll have the quilt sandwich done sometime this week and have it quilted on the weekend.

I showed my sister how to do appliqué because she loves scrapbooking so I figured appliqué would be like second nature to her. And she loves it! No surprise to me :) Appliqué has worn on me as well. I won't use it all the time but I'm happy when I do. Here's a few pictures of our sewing vacation :)



There were 4 of us sewing this weekend. A few projects were done.

 A few more Maple Leaf blocks.

 I made a couple of these blocks. I will be making 7 more of these for a quilt pattern I decided to use with my 5" squares from my scraps.

 There were the mug rugs my sister made for her first appliqué. There are too cute!


And the appliqué addiction continued as she made this on Sunday....without a pattern.


Burp Bibs that my mom put together.


Love the Oh Boy fabric! Too cute.


And many receiving blankets. She's getting ready for a craft market this weekend so lots and lots of sewing.

My cousin was also sewing with us but I didn't get any pictures of her projects.

I also had a chance to pick up a few things at some quilt shops on my way home....I'll try to post those purchases in another post.

All in all, it was a good weekend. A balance between visiting and sewing. I also have two vintage Singer Sewing machines coming my way. I'll explain more about that when I receive them after Christmas.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. What a great weekend! And the applique looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you showed me how to do appliqué. I am sure in love with it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job! best sewing machine for beginners

    ReplyDelete