Finished Quilting Projects

Tuesday 28 June 2016

All in the Name of Practice

So over the last month, I've been practicing some Free Motion Quilting motifs that I had never tried before on a baby quilt that I made back in March. This baby quilt.


So since I didn't have any plans for it, I decided it would be the perfect opportunity to practice some FMQ motifs...scary but it's not like I have a deadline for it now!

Each rectangle has a square block has a different motif. I haven't shared any progress on this one. I figured you dear readers, may get sick of seeing posts everyday with each motif. So I'm going to throw a bunch at you in this post. Here we go :)

First up was Dot to Dot Borders from Angela Walters Book Shape By Shape. She is definitely one of my favorite authors! I love, love, love her books. There was some marking on this block. And considering that my straight lines are usually not straight, this one came out fairly well.

#2 is my dislike of the group....Arches.... I'm happy that you can't see it that much because I really dislike how I quilted this. Definitely need more practice. Another FMQ motif from Angela's Shape by Shape book.

Wavy, Wavy! Another FMQ motif from Angela's Shape by Shape book. This one was quite easy and fun. Definitely a dense FMQ motif but I like it :)

And here's what I did with all that sashing space!

 I love, love, love this FMQ motif. I love wavy lines and this one is just so relaxing to do. And it's just beautiful. Simply elegant. I'll definitely be using this FMQ motif in more of my quilts!

Next up is the Square Chain. I like this but I don't know if I would use it again. And then there are loops....

A very relaxing design...not sure why I never did this one before. Another motif from Angela's Free Motion Quilting book.

And here are the leaves. This Allover Leaves motif is from Angela's Free Motion Quilting book. I'll definitely do this one again in the future.


And of course the Paisley motif from Angela's Free Motion Quilting book. I really do love this pattern. Definitely one of my favorites :)

Close-Up of the Paisley motif.

I also made this pillow with that same Paisley motif for the 87 Pillow Challenge. You can read about that here. Here's a picture of that pillow.


I still have a few more FMQ motifs to go. I'm hoping to finish quilting that baby quilt by the weekend. I also need to pack for my week long sewing trip! Looking forward to that :)





2 comments:

  1. You are doing so well with your fmq. I love Angela's books too. I saw your pillow in real life, and it was beautiful. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible! Well done! I'm so impressed! I like those paisleys, too! They look awesome on the pillow top!

    ReplyDelete