Finished Quilting Projects

Saturday 14 December 2013

First Entry

Hi!

Welcome to my blog. I decided to start a blog on my newly, addictive, taking-over-my-house quilting habit. I originally started quilting 7 years ago when I received my first sewing machine for Christmas. I was teaching myself and now I can see where I went wrong 7 years ago lol. It wasn't so many mistakes, it was more of an issue of biting off more than I could chew. My first quilt top had been put together and it was bigger than king size. I had a few issues with it so it was put into a large tote until I could figure out how to finish it. It came out about a month ago and a friend is quilting it on a long arm machine. I'll post a picture of that one as soon as it's finished.

I rediscovered my love for quilting in mid-June. So far, I have put together a queen size quilt, two lap size quilts and a baby blanket. I am working on another lap size quilt as I start this blog. Fabrics have always surprised me because of the colours, the print, the feel, and the change of the look when you add another fabric to the mix.

Hope I haven't bore you too much! Enjoy the blog :)

Happy Quilting,

Julia

No comments:

Post a Comment