Finished Quilting Projects

Sunday 10 April 2016

Cut, Sew, Iron and Repeat

Well I've been pushing my way through some projects. I finished the quilt top and backing for yet another baby quilt.


I'm hoping to get better pictures once the quilt is complete.


While making that quilt top, I took a few breaks from it and cut up some Scraps. I got two packages done for the Birthday Club and they are on their way in the mail. I also cut up some Blue Scraps for a long term project for me. 

The quilt is called Everlasting Love and is made up of many, many blue print squares and white squares.... I need to make a whopping total of 689 blue squares. I'll also need to cut up lots of white solid squares and rectangles....I'm going to estimate a few bottles of wine will be purchased for this project as well :)




So far I have 328 blue squares cut....only 361 more blue squares to go. Here's a picture of the quilt in the Quilt-It today magazine.



Sadly the publication of this magazine has ended :( It was definitely one of my favourites! I just love quilting magazines. I know you can get them all online but I just love having the paper copy and going through all the pages....ah, such a pleasure!

So what about you, are you into thumbing through quilting magazines? Like looking at them online? Or not at all?

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your progress. I wasn't very productive this weekend. I did get my birthday bonus squares done. I prefer a magazine to hold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a ton of cutting. Everlasting Love is an awesome quilt. Have fun with it. I also like to thumb through magazines. I have never bought one on-line as I don't think it would be the same feeling.

    ReplyDelete