Finished Quilting Projects

Saturday 4 January 2014

Home Sweet Home

After a full week of travelling for the holidays, I am finally back home :) I did purchase a bit of material while I was visiting family. I couldn't help myself! There was so much Christmas material on sale and I bought some other material for future quilts. I also bought some material to make a coat. I've never done that before so it should be interesting to say the least.

I ended up knitting a bit while I was away. I guess I was going through quilting withdrawals. Tonight I went through a huge amount of scraps and cut them into various pieces for future quilts. I made 5" squares, 2-1/2" squares and numerous 2" squares. All the other useable bits went into a basket for crazy quilts. I am trying to organize myself this year by cutting up my scraps into useable pieces and storing them in baskets that I have labeled as I get a good amount of scrap material. I'm hoping that this will keep my material a little neater and also easier to grab already cut pieces for quilts.

I wonder what other organizational ways are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment