Friday, 31 January 2014
Well I haven't been able to do much quilting this week. But on the up side, my housework is done and I even made a Chocolate Hazelnut Torte. So all in all I was quite productive this week. I started cutting out my sashing pieces for the blocks. I also found some material for the inner border and outer border from my stash. Yes my stash! I'm trying to limit my buying of fabric. I've picked up a few items in the last little while but I'm trying to cut back and use some of what I have. I've changed the colours that the pattern called for but I wanted to use what I have. Plus the deep red and dark blue prints, I think was a little overpowering for what I want to accomplish with this quilt. I want it to be more soothing and relaxing rather than vibrant. Hoping that I'm making the right choice.