Finished Quilting Projects

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Quilting & a visit from "Arthur"

Well I hope everyone came out ok after the visit from hurricane/tropical storm Arthur this weekend. We were lucky where we only lost our power for a few minutes. Some people are without power still in our area.

I had a fairly productive weekend. Had a few ladies over Friday evening, sewed on Saturday and Sunday. I have completed the 16 blocks for the Dressed to the Nines quilt that I received an order for. They stack up nicely :)





I also dug out my Block One for the Fat Quarter Shop Mystery Quilt 2014. It's great to be making something that I don't typically do. Here's a picture of the center complete and the other pieces cut.




And completed block :) I am in love with this block. So pretty.




I also started planning for the two kid quilts that I need to make for Christmas time for an order. I'm going to have to try to fit in my library projects somewhere in there too. I'm hoping that my sewing vacation will allow me some time to get more complete on my list. But the commissioned orders need to come first since that is how I pay for my fabric ;)

Tonight is the final night for entry into the giveaway. I'll be announcing a winner tomorrow :) If you haven't already entered, here is the post for the giveaway :)

Hope everyone has a good night and good luck!

Julia

P.S. Jen from Quarter Inch from the Edge is having a giveaway to celebrate her blog's 2 year anniversary. And check out some really neat posts from her blog :)



2 comments:

  1. I was lucky not to lose power but lots did. You have been getting lots done and a great idea to start on those Christmas quilts. Time flies by so quickly. You must be looking so forward to your sewing vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Projects are coming along nicely :) Bouncing between a few. I am incredibly looking forward to my sewing vacation. Only 11 more days for that adventure to begin :)

      Delete