Finished Quilting Projects

Tuesday 7 July 2015

Placemat Progress & A Finish!

Well I haven't had much sewing time in the last week but I still managed to finish the quilting on all six placemats. I also decided to buy napkins instead of making them after getting some advice from Jenn @ Quarter Inch from the Edge. She had mentioned that buying them sometimes is less expensive than making them. So I found something that I liked and picked up 8 napkins. Plus this will free up some time for me to do other things :)

And one of those other things was making this basket.


It's the 1 Hour Basket designed by Kelly @ Kelbysews!

I first seen this basket over at Quarter Inch from the Edge. And I really needed to have a finish to inspire me. I felt like I had WIPs every where and not many finishes lately. And guess what! This pattern was super easy!

First pick out your fabrics, iron them, then cut, fuse and sew.

I took pictures of the most difficult parts of making this bag....


After sewing the lining pieces RST and the exterior pieces RST, you cut out the 3" square on the bottom of the basket. Then pin seam to seam for the corners and sew.

Here's the next difficult part....

Sewing the lining and exterior pieces together.

Seriously this pattern is one of the easiest ones I've ever done. Love this pattern. Thanks so much to Kelly for sharing it! Here is the link to the 1 Hour Basket Tutorial if you would like to make your own :)

I'll definitely be making more baskets in the future. So useful and such a great feeling to have a finish quickly. 

And look how much space you have in them!


Two thumbs up for this pattern! Did I mention how much I love this pattern?!




4 comments:

  1. Great basket. I think I know what I'm working on tonight. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your basket! I make one that's very similar and it comes in so handy for so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I've paid it forward with this basket! I haven't had a chance yet, but I see many more of them in my future!

    (And good for you for buying the napkins. Sometimes, saving time and energy is very worth a little $$$!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice basket! on my to-do list...

    ReplyDelete