Finished Quilting Projects

Friday 17 July 2015

Quick Monogrammed Pouch

I seen a tutorial for a monogrammed pouch pop up on my bloglovin feed on Wednesday and knew I wanted to make one for me to take on vacation. If I can't take all my pretty fabric with me, then at least I should make something to remind me of all the pretty fabric I have....you know to stop me from buying all the pretty fabric I see while on vacation.

So the tutorial is by Crystal @ Stitched by Crystal who was over visiting at Make It & Love It. These pouches are completely adorable. And they can be done quickly. The longest part for me was finding a letter template and sizing it.

Here is the pouch I made :)

Don't you love it! This is the front. And the letter "J" was fused on and then stitched quickly around. 
So it will fray a bit on the edges but I think I will like that look. I'm also thinking of trying reverse appliqué
for the letter sometime.

The back.

It's pretty roomy in there. Mine is roughly 8.5" x 4". 

I'll definitely be making a few more of these. Would be perfect for gifts! 

4 comments:

  1. I've seen these too. So cute! Good on you for jumping into action right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is pretty cute! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet, and love the monogram!

    ReplyDelete