Finished Quilting Projects

Wednesday 9 September 2015

Mid Week Rundown

So I've been working on a few projects over here. First up is a pillow cover.


These are 5" scrap squares that I had in my stash. I really like how the blues and greens go together.


I quilted a small circle in the center and spiraled out from there. I used a variegated blue thread that shows up quite nicely.


A picture of the back which won't be seen when I sew the backing. 


A closer look at the stitching and some thread I have to bury :)

I'm fairly happy with how this turned out. All I wanted was to make a pillow cover for my second 26" pillow form. I only need to figure out what to make for two more pillow covers for the other two.

Next up on the project list, are my Square in a Square (SiaS) blocks for the Midnight Mystery Quilt A-Long...


I'm really liking how these turned out. My sewing machine was giving me trouble but thankfully I didn't lose my head and made it through!

Next up on the list is a pretty exciting project....well at least for me anyway :)

I have been wanting to get into some sort of block swap forever! I seen a few but I would like to participate in a Canadian one. So I decided to recruit my sister Jill @ Jill's Quilting and Appliqué to try this out with me. We're just swapping with each other this time but if all goes well, I may host another swap or fabric exchange in the future ;) If you are interested in a future swap, leave me a comment or email me. If you are a no reply blogger, please leave your email address in the comment.


"Modern Bee" 13 Quilts To Make With Friends by Lindsay Conner has definitely given me some good ideas and some pretty quilts to make with friends (as the title says).

First up in the book, is the Mosaic Tiles Quilt.


I really like this quilt pattern and it's an easy one! I would like to make all the quilts in this book since I like all of them!

These are my 5" squares for my Mosaic Tiles quilt. I'm making this quilt for a little girl and I always see her with purples and pinks. I picked out a light-medium grey as the background fabric. 
The rules of the swap are busy but doable. Each of us will make 12 blocks for each other and 13 blocks for ourselves to finish the quilt. I need another 3-5" squares for my quilt but I have all 28-5" squares for Jill's quilt cut :) 
Since there's only the two of us for this one, we'll be making three blocks a month. If I can run this same swap again, I would like to have 12 members. That way each member would make one block for every other member and the swap could be run for a year or 6 months depending on the members.
So there's a bit going on over here. I'm so happy to be sewing something! I'm away next week for a few days so my sewing machine will be quiet :( but I may take some EPP with me to work on :)
And with it being Wednesday, I'm linking up with Lorna @ Sew Fresh Quilts for Let's Bee Social 

2 comments:

  1. I need to perfect circle quilting....yours looks great. Need to find time to get my mystery squares done. I'd been interested in a future swap. Now off to visit your sister's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That circle quilting is fabulous! I am in love with that quilting method right now. It has such an impact. I bet you some MMQG members would be a go for a block swap or something of the like. Will be fun to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete