Finished Quilting Projects

Saturday 22 August 2015

Additions Quilt Top

I had a chance today to finish my quilt top that I started to design last weekend. It is a pretty quick quilt. I have been writing up the tutorial for it. However, I did get caught up in the making process and forgot to take a few pictures :( So I'm hoping that the pictures I do have will help explain my directions. Here's a picture of the quilt top :)






It's a bit different for me. I can't put my finger on what it is but definitely different than what I usually make. I'm not sure if I feel like it's more modern than traditional or just the fabrics used. I still like it but definitely a change for me.

So I'm hoping to have this baby quilt spray basted tomorrow. I'm not sure what I'm going to use for the backing yet. I'm going to take a peek through my stash and see what I can come up with. I want to keep this quilt gender neutral since I'm planning on gifting it to parents who are expecting in the fall. I'm hoping they will like it. It was quick and fun to make. I also used Fat Quarters which is wonderful since I have quite the stash of them! And this quilt could easily be modified to be larger or smaller.

Well I am off to hunt in my stash for a backing for this baby! Hope you are all having a great weekend :)

1 comment: