Finished Quilting Projects

Tuesday 4 August 2015

One Finish Leads to Another and Another....

I finished the Modern Lattice Baby Quilt. It took a little while to decide on a binding but I ended up using Jingle Bell Snowmen by Stella Jean.

It's just a tiny amount of blue that matches the blue flowers on one of the fabrics I used in the quilt.


I'm really loving how this quilt came out. I debated many times on every aspect of making this quilt. But now that it is all finished, I'm really happy with the result.


So after this was finished, I thought I would try to make a diaper and wipe bag. 

I used this tutorial from Crazy Little Projects. This is the only picture I have of the process. I had to modify mine a bit since I decided to use a directional print. I'm not sure if I'll make this one again or a different style of one. It definitely is quick!

I also made a changing pad using some waterproof fabric I found at a LQS. I wanted something that could easily be wiped down. I'm hoping this will last. 

And I also made a 1 hour basket to hold everything together.


And the final result :)

I'm hoping the dad-to-be will be at work tomorrow so I can give him this gift for their baby who is due to make an appearance in a couple of weeks  :)

3 comments:

  1. Great binding choice. I like how you packaged everything in a basket. A wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia, what a great giftie basket! It all came together very nicely and the mom-to-be is going to be over the moon when she receives it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah... the 1 Hour Basket appears again! Lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete