Finished Quilting Projects

Friday 28 March 2014

Friday = New Project




So I started on a new project this evening. I borrowed a book from the library called Fresh Quilting, Fearless Color, Design & Inspiration by Malka Dubrawsky. I haven't been to a library in many moons let's say. But I've been meaning to get a library card since I moved. So I went a few weeks ago and signed up and signed out a few quilting books. Fresh Quilting was one of them. I have been thinking more and more about what Adrienne from Chezzetcook Modern Quilts had mentioned in a post a few weeks back. Talking about how doing a small project will restore your confidence in quilting. So far, I've only made quilts since I started sewing again in June. So I thought there's many small projects that I would like to create. I was looking through Fresh Quilts and decided the project that I wanted to do right now is the Indigo Needle Case. It's a wrap up case for knitting needles. I'm not exactly a knitter. I've tried it numerous times and just can't seem to do it correctly. But my sister on the other hand, does knit and she doesn't quilt. So I thought why not make her this case to put her knitting needles in. So I decided to see if I could whip this up in the next week or so. Here is the layout of the outside of the wrap.


I picked these colours because I figured these would be the best ones that she would like. She dislikes pink VERY much. So I really like the calming feeling of the blues, greens and browns. I have pieced together the 8 rows and I'll put those rows together tomorrow. I'll have to run to the store to get buttons tomorrow. Not really sure which ones to buy yet but I'm sure I'll know it when I see it.

So happy the quilting weekend has begun :)



No comments:

Post a Comment