Finished Quilting Projects

Thursday 27 March 2014

Scrappy Logs is Complete :)

Oh Happy Dance, oh happy dance! I just finished Scrappy Logs. I am so happy to be finished. There's some puckers and a few twists but to me that's the essence of a quilt. I feel the same about myself :) Nothing is perfect but it is always beautiful. So here are some photos, sorry for the horrible quality. I'll try to take some better ones tomorrow....maybe even outside.


I also took a picture to show what I did with the binding. In my first and second quilt, I always had a difficult time with sewing the binding. I'd either miss spots that I'd have to go over again on the quilt top and back or I would constantly feel like I was fighting with my quilt. I read somewhere on someone's blog that she always used a zig zag stitch for a different look and to make sure every part of the binding was sewn. So I thought this was a great idea except I'm not a big fan of the zig zag stitch but my sewing machine has over 90 different stitches. So I stitched this vine and leaves stitch for my binding. I love how it turned out. I also used white thread to make it pop out more.


So relieved this quilt is complete. This is a gift for a friend who can no longer quilt anymore and she gave me all her quilting accessories so this is a token of my appreciation. 

I'm not sure what I'm going to be making next. I may just do a small project which I'm thinking about a knitting needle roll up case for my sister. After that I'll continue to cut up my pieces for the Funfetti quilt which will probably be the next quilt after I get married. So many projects on my list :)

As promised, it was brisk but a nice morning so I was able to get some pictures after sunrise this morning. Here they are:


 Pictures are so much better outside :)

Yay it's Friday! Quilting weekend will begin soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment