Finished Quilting Projects

Wednesday 26 March 2014

Stormy Wednesdays

The storm is just raging outside. Has been since early this morning. I am luckily working from home this week so I did not have to go out in this craziness which is known to us Nova Scotians as spring? I seen a post for one of the bulletin boards in my town that read "Spring has Sprung?" Which I thought was quite humorous :)

Anyhow I went through my work day and then finally started cutting up the binding for the Scrappy Logs quilt. I had picked out a fabric last night (from my stash) and left it on the ironing board to 1) Iron the fabric and 2) To warm up to the fabric. When I pulled it out of my stash, I wasn't sure about it. It just seemed too strong of a colour but then I did have those colours in the quilt and it is just rounding out the quilt. So today after putting in my work time, I decided to go for it. I ironed the fabric, cut my pieces, sewed them together and ironed to get my binding pressed correctly. Took a little while but now I'm ready to pin my binding. Hopefully I'll have it all pinned tomorrow and maybe able to sew it by tomorrow evening. I already have the perfect stitch in mind. I think I'm going to do some vines with leaves. So excited! Here's what I decided for the binding.


It's a chocolate brown with deep pink flowers and I love it. Also received a fantastic deal on this fabric, 2 meters for $6!

I also did a little online shopping today too. I have a Quilt Wishlist on Amazon filled with future books that I would like to own. I'm still waiting on Mug Rugs to arrive. It may be a while yet. Anyhow I ordered two new books today :) I just love quilting books. I ordered Sew Serendipity Bags: Fresh and Pretty Projects to Sew and Love by Kay Whitt 


And Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop for Quilters: 60 Blocks + a Dozen Quilts and Projects! by Katy Jones.







I am so excited to read these books! I'm sure my spouse would agree I don't need any more books but it's so difficult not to get them. I just love them :)




No comments:

Post a Comment