Finished Quilting Projects

Friday 19 June 2015

Fabric Problem???

I did a bit of shopping this week....I purchased these mini owls....


I could not pass up buying some of this Ann Kelle's print. Love these owls.

Then I picked up this beauty from Timeless Treasures.


This was suppose to be my only purchase. I needed some fabric to go with my main fabric for those placemats I mentioned in my last post. But then the salesperson mentioned the buy one meter, get one free for the clearance section.....so I took a peek over there and ended up with these....



One meter each of Houndstooth in Blue and Jolly Christmas in green. I didn't need these but since there were only $6.99/m and getting one meter for free, I simply couldn't resist.

And then I realized I had my coupon for 31% off any regular priced single cut of fabric....I just knew I had to use it! So I decided to purchase 2 meters of Imaginarium :)


I love these parent and baby prints! Incredibly adorable. And then when I arrived home, there was a squishy package from Sew Sisters...which were the Bargain Lovers Club.


Definitely more exciting than last month but still doesn't seem to get me excited! I am debating whether I should give up being a member of this club or not. I love the squishy package but have been more disappointed than happy with the selection lately. Not too much that I have over 200 Fat Quarters....I haven't done an exact count yet but I have a feeling it is around that high number. If I ever get the courage to count them, I will post the amount ;)

After all this shopping, I started on some placemats.


Over the last couple of days, I've managed to get them together. I used Alissa Haight Carlton's tutorial to make these.


 I changed the layout a bit. I only added two strips instead of four which is what the pattern called for.

So now I need to figure out what to do for the backing. Hopefully I'll find something in my stash.

Hope you all have a great quilty weekend :)





2 comments:

  1. Where oh where do you shop for fabric and get such good deals? I was thinking of joining the Kona Club and accumulating a stash of solids. I'm not to fussy for those prints, either. Can't wait to see your placemats finished!

    ReplyDelete