Finished Quilting Projects

Monday 25 August 2014

Charm Square Quilt Progress

What you can accomplish in a few good sewing hours still amazes me. After supper tonight, I went up to my sewing room and decided that now would be a great time to quilt the Charm Square quilt. So I figured out what thread to use and decided that I would attempt the stipple stitch on this baby quilt. I am extremely happy with the results but I am a tad bit worried that the stitches are not as tight as regular stitches. Still the quilt looks beautiful.

Take a look :)







The sun just started to go down so I had to rush to take a few pictures. So all that is left now is the binding. I haven't picked out a fabric for that yet so I may go through my stash tonight to find one. I'm extremely happy at how quickly this baby quilt went together. It is definitely a weekend project if you ever need a baby gift in a hurry :)

My Whispering Lake squares are still patiently waiting to be sewed. Maybe tomorrow after I finish my Charm Square baby quilt :)

I picked up a few items at A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop today. Picked up these fabrics at 40% off :)


I also picked up the Fat Quarter pack for the Fall 2014 - A Needle Pulling Thread Quilt Shop Challenge.


I seen the mini quilts from the last challenge and decided why not try it. If I don't get to make one up, at least I'll have a great collection of Fat Quarters to add to my stash. So basically you make a mini quilt. There's various guidelines that you need to follow. There's a mandatory Fat Quarter that needs to be used (in this case, the orange) and then you could swap out one of the other three Fat Quarters. You can also add two Fat Quarters to the kit. The total size of the project cannot exceed 140" and it must be quilted and bound before returning it for judging. The deadline is October 25. There's a few other guidelines listed but those are the major ones.

I think it may be fun, I just hope I have enough time and inspiration to figure something out for it :) Definitely something fun that the quilt shop is putting on :)

How about you? Have you joined any challenges lately? How do you find the process?

If you made it here from the Around The World Blog Hop from Jenn @ Quarter Inch From The Edge, Welcome :) Hope you enjoy the visit!

Julia

2 comments:

  1. Great job. And love the new fabric purchases. I might have to give that pattern a try. I want to have a few baby quilts on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the charm square quilt... such great colours! And kudos to you for taking on a challenge. I've done a few... sometimes they can feel limiting, but only if you get hung up on that aspect. It's always a good thing to try something new!

    ReplyDelete