Finished Quilting Projects

Saturday 9 August 2014

Owl Quilt Top Finished :)

Well I managed to finish the Owl quilt top today. I also had some cleaning and organizing to do. I managed to go through all the quilting stuff that was given to me a while ago. I found some great stuff for practicing my FMQ skills. I enrolled in a Craftsy class "Start Free Motion Quilting" it was on sale for $14.99 so I figured why not try it. So I may practice a bit of that tomorrow since the Owl quilt is complete :)

Here's an indoor picture of it. I'm hoping to get out tomorrow to do an outdoor picture. It was just too dark by the time I finished tonight.






It is quite large but this is what the client requested. I'm really liking how it came out. I added the extra border to get the size needed. If I make this quilt again, I may just add the small inner border. All in all, I am very happy with the result :)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome finish Julia! I take care of social media for the guild. is it Ok with you if I link up with your blog on the guild's facebook page from time to time.? I like to let everyone know what is going on with our members.

    ReplyDelete