Finished Quilting Projects

Sunday 24 August 2014

Surprise Finish And Sunday Stash

While I was cutting up my 6-1/2" squares from the dark Fat Quarters, I noticed that there was enough from each Fat Quarter to make 4 - 5" squares. So by the time I was finished cutting the 6-1/2" squares, I had enough 5" squares to try that Charm Square Baby quilt that I wanted to make. So yesterday after getting all my squares cut, I went to work on the Charm Square Baby quilt. The pattern I used is posted on Sew Mama Sew's website. You can view this post and the pattern by clicking here.

So I switched it up a bit with mine. Since none of the fabric stores were open when I decided to start putting this quilt together, I didn't have any solids that would work. So I used a print instead. Here's the finished result :)


When it's all finished, I'll take a nice outdoor picture. This just gives you the general idea. I used 5" squares from my stash scraps and from the ones I had just cut up from the Fat Quarters for Whispering Lake. It was really quick to put this together. I thought this would be the perfect last minute baby shower gift. Since I wasn't using a Charm Pack, I stuck to using purples, greens, and blues. And during the process, I felt like I may have made a bad decision with the green. But after adding the purple sashes, I really like it.

So I picked out a rather exciting backing from my stash. I'm really trying to use my stash with this quilt since I wasn't making this for any reason in particular. So I picked a rather bold purple...


Incredibly bright and beautiful. I wasn't sure about it but then I just decided to go for it :) So hopefully I'll get this little quilt ready to be quilted in the next few hours. I'm debating on whether to FMQ it or just do something else. Time will tell :)

So during the last week, I did make a few stash purchases. My parents were visiting so me and my mom went to a few fabric stores. So here are my purchases.



I even picked up a few orange prints since they were in the $4.99 per meter bin. The sewing machine fabric purchase a bit more than I normally splurge on but I figured once in a while it's okay. And there's sewing machines on the fabric and the background is purple! It was calling my name. And the blues....ah I just love the blues, there were $8.99 a meter and so lovely.

So how was everyone's weekend? I hope my fellow MMQG members had a great time at the Sew In yesterday. I'm going to go enjoy the last few hours of the weekend :)

Julia

1 comment: